Dates Archives: WEDNESDAY, October 11
Canada’s Hotel Heritage Minute – Chateau Environmental Tour
This behind-the-scenes look at the Chateau’s environmental programs will allow delegates to see how Chateau Lake Louise operates as a steward in a national park environment.
Sponsored by sonnevera international corp.
Hinterland Who’s Who? – Guided Nature Walk
Just another pretty face? It was once called Lake of the Little Fishes, then Emerald Lake, now Lake Louise. Since 1882, this place has been an icon for Canada and the Canadian Rockies. On the shore is the dedication plaque that recognizes this place as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. But do you really know why? Join local naturalist Peter Duck for a walk and talk along the lake shore trail to find out about the elements of natural and human history that combine to make this location one of the special places on earth.
Sponsored by City of Lethbridge
The success of our programs hinges on effective education that results in behavior change. This session highlights leaders in environmental education who will present ideas for building a successful education / promotion program.
Moderator: Jeroen Pieterse (Tetra Tech)
- Mary Forbes and Oliver Berger (Potato House) – You Teach More Flies With Funny Than You Do With Vinegar
- Sion Lanini (DreamRider Productions) – Training Kids as Zero Waste Superheroes to Lead Change in their Families
- Fabrizio Bertolo (Town of Cochrane) – Embracing Organics: Cochrane’s Unique Experience
Facilitator: Cam Hantiuk
BCMB Award and Alberta Recycling Collection Site Awards
Presented by Alberta Recycling, Alberta Used Oil Management Association, Beverage Container Management Board
Attend this interactive workshop to gain understanding of the recently announced Chinese market restrictions for plastic and mixed paper and the implications for your programs.
- Joe Hruska ( Canadian Plastics Industry Association and ISRI)
- Bill Stitt (Cascades Recovery+)
- Mark Badger (Canada Fibers)
Join us for an update of the recent Alberta Municipal EPR Workshop, and further insights into the EPR developments for packaging and printed materials in BC and Ontario. This will also provide an additional opportunity for municipalities to provide input into the future of stewardship and EPR in Alberta.
- Jodi Tomchyshyn London – Overview of the Alberta Municipal EPR Workshop
- Allen Langdon – Canadian EPR Updates
- Feedback and Next Steps
Presented by Canada Fibers Ltd.